At Morgan Dentistry, we refuse to compromise on the level of quality care we offer. Part of that commitment is the use of diagnostic technologies, because they provide many advantages for you – our valued patient.
In this blog … I’ll talk about the technology that helps us better determine the state of your oral health while offering you a better experience in the dental chair. You may be surprised to learn how beneficial this equipment really is.
Digital x-rays allow us to get a clear picture of the inside of your teeth and gums, so that diagnosis is more accurate and treatment specific to your unique needs. In addition, there’s…
- up to 90% less radiation than with traditional film x-rays
- less time in the dental chair because they are faster and more efficient
- no exposure to film chemicals – safer for you, our team, and the environment
- faster insurance processing because claims can be illustrated with instant electronic communication.
The intraoral camera is a small pen-sized camera linked to a chairside monitor to display what I see when I examine your teeth, gums, and mouth. Because it displays images on a screen, it helps you understand what I mean when I’m discussing my findings with you during your dental cleaning, exam, or consultation.
Digital Impressions are 100% comfortable, and a clear techno winner that…
- eliminate the need for goopy impressions
- take clear, color impressions of your teeth, gums, and other soft tissue
- can be sent electronically to the lab, for faster service and more-accurate results.
Panoramic x-rays make it possible to get a full view of your entire mouth – with just one image. This includes both the upper and lower jaws, jaw joints, your teeth, and even your nasal region. Other advantages of this technology include …
- a very detailed image that can show us bone abnormalities, cysts, fractures, impacted teeth, infections, and tumors
- it aids in accurate fit and placement of restorations, especially implants and dentures
- because the images are taken outside of your mouth, it means a fast, painless experience for you.
We are committed to making your experience as relaxing and comfortable as possible. Technology is a big part of that – and we make good use of it.
Please contact us today to book your consultation or to ask any questions about our practice. We welcome new patients and my friendly team looks forward to speaking with you.
Yours in excellent dental health,
Dr. Ed Morgan, your Derry family dentist